“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way – things I had no words for.” – Georgia O’Keeffe

Artists in year 3 were very busy and have leant so much about how artists see when they draw or paint-shapes. Everything around us is mainly made our of a shape or to be easier to put tin to paper they can use shapes. Year 3 looked at how we can create tone in drawings by shading and how we can hold our pencil in a different way from writing/detail (pencil grip)and how texture can be created and added to create art, we use the technique called frottage which is taking a rubbing from textured surfaces to form the basis of a work of art. The term frottage was created by the artist Max Ernst. We did botanical drawing and have explored different parts of flowers and did some closed up sketches, following this we created our own flower collage ( has Henry Matisse once said": “ drawing with scissors”) experimenting the difference between rip and tear in this artwork. We have inspired a lesson by Georgia O'Keeffe and did some abstract paintings of zoomed up flowers using watercolours and adding detail with fine liners, this was a very successful technique.