Year 2 Homework to be handed in on Monday November 6th

Dear parents and children,

Thank you for completing the pre-learning set over the holidays. We had a wonderful start to our History lessons on Florence Nightingale! We will be using the interviews you sent later this term - they were great!!

READING

As always reading is the priority. The AR platform has gone down as we return to school (sadly). We have been unable to quiz. However, we have kept our old book in our trays to quiz later and books have been changed.

MATHS

Numbers up to 100 and odd numbers- when practicing our fluency. Please complete the following units on IXL: A11 (odd and even) and A8 (counting - missing numbers).

SPELLING

Please learn the spelling on the sheet attached below. I have also given a set to each child so they can use them as flashcards or teaching aids at home.

ENGLISH

We are exploring fairytales in English. Lots of us were unfamiliar with the stories. I have given everyone a copy of Hansel and Gretel. I have attached it here too for you just in case it is lost in transit. I would like you to read the story to your child. Once you have read it and enjoyed it can you read it again with a highlighter and highlight any new words. Then write five new words into your homework book!

ENJOY! Plase make sure you hand your homework back in every Monday so I can check it and slot in new learning -

Thank you Mrs Hotchkiss